Even with the modern technology solution available, it can be quite frustrating when the wifi isn’t performing as expected, or the internet is working as slow as a snail. Even with services such as Spectrum Internet, this is something you may regularly face.
Resetting the spectrum wifi router is one of the obvious, and most used methods when it comes to kickstarting your internet speed. There are multiple ways of resetting the spectrum router in order to speed up your wifi speed. I will guide you precisely and give you a brief guide on how to reset the spectrum router.
How To Reset Spectrum Router?
1) Physically resetting your wifi router.
- Remove all wires from the router, and unplug it from the power source. Take out all batteries if there are any.
- Shutdown the modem, and remove all wires as well.
- Wait for at least one minute. Give the device to cool down and return to normal temperature.
- Connect the modem to the power source, and insert batteries if any.
- Give the modem some time to power up properly, and to start all it’s hydra onion functions.
- Once all the lights are on, it is time to connect the modem to the router.
- Once the lights on the router are blinking normally, and your devices are connected to the internet, then you have successfully resetted you spectrum router.
2) Resetting your wifi online by logging in to the router.
- Locate your router, it is usually the device which has lights blinking on it.
- Find your router’s ip address, this is usually 192.168.1.1 or can be located at the back of your router.
- Enter the ip address in a web browser- using a computer is recommended over a mobile phone.
- Enter the username and password of your network, this is usually set to “admin” by default, but it can precisely be found on the back of the router.
- Navigate to the “Experiencing Issues?” tab
- Click on reset wifi option.